Sunday 10 November 2013

About my music taste

My closest friends, Jess and Robyn, have done this post and so credit to them because I stole it from them, but here's a little post about the sort of music I listen to.

Which bands/artist do you own the most albums by?
Without a doubt, Mcfly. I have every single album and unreleased music. I think it goes without saying, though, their old stuff is the best but then show me an artist whose new stuff is better than their old stuff?

What was the last song you listened to?
Bastille – These Streets. I’ve just downloaded their album and I’m loving it!

What’s in your CD player right now?
Ummm.. CD player? That’s soooo 90’s.

What was the last show you attended?
I saw Mcfly in September at the Royal Albert Hall for their 10th anniversary and it was just the most incredible night of my life with the most incredible people. Busted came and joined them onstage and played 2 of their own songs and I was crying my eyes out when they sung ‘The Heart Never Lies’, once again changing the lyrics from ‘but I’m here forever’ to ‘but Mcfly’s here forever’ and that in itself is enough to get the whole arena screaming and crying in unison. If you haven’t seen them live, I strongly suggest you do whether you like them or not because not only are they truly talented musicians but their personalities beam through their relationships with their fans and, most importantly, with each other. It’s essentially a comedy/music show!
Oh and did I mention I met You me at Six at Waterloo en route to the RAH? Yup! My 2 favourite bands in the space of a few hours, it was the most surreal but wonderful day of my life.

What was the greatest show you’ve ever been to?
I’m so sorry this is incredibly predictable but it just has to be Mcfly!
Others that have been great, though, are you me at six at Wembley arena. What a show. I think that was amazing because of the arena itself, and the fact that we were so close to the stage in the standing section and moshed with our tops off! Rebels, I know, but it was such an adrenaline rush and unlike anything I ever thought I’d do. And just because he deserves a mention, Example. Oh I love that man. I’ve never been in such a ravey environment before that gig, which made it all the more exciting and exhilarating. It was like a breath of fresh air being able to let go like that despite being crushed by all the other ravers and wondering if it was my sweat I could taste or the persons in front of me. That’s kinda gross, I apologise.


What’s the worst show you’ve ever been to?
Well, my mum did take me to see Barry Manilow at the O2 Arena once. Hey, don’t judge, I got a day off school for it! To be fair to him he was very entertaining but that might be more because of his appalling dancing and the cheesiness of ‘Copacabana’! One time my friend took me to London to the T4 Stars of 2011 event and it was very different to anything I’d ever been to with so many acts playing. I was, however, bitterly disappointed by Pixie Lott. She came, she sang, she went.
Dappy was pretty shit too.

What’s the most musically involved you have ever been?
Well, I used to play the recorder and the treble recorder. Yes my fingers can actually stretch that far and yes it does hurt after a while. In my old school we played so many concerts during Christmas and things like that at our local Church and we even played in Dorking Halls with Surrey schools! Cool huh?
I also sang a solo in my year 6 school play in which I played a sailor. I forgot the words. Let’s never speak of it again…

What show are you looking forward to?
I have nothing lined up! This rarely happens, although hopefully Busted are touring with Mcfly so I will be going to that. I will be. I will. I…

What is your favourite band shirt?
I love my you me at six tshirt, although it’s a little bit cringe. In fact, I have 2! One that says ‘Sixers’ in large font across the chest, and one that says ‘I’ve got real big plans and such bad thoughts’. They’re lyrics, okay? Needless to say I don’t wear either in public, although I do wear them as pyjamas!

What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?
Billy Connolly is basically a musician and I think it’d be such a laugh to have a drink with him. Having said that, mcfly is another obvious one but Adele seems like such a funny girl, I think she’d be good fun!

Who is one musician or group you wish would make a comeback?
Busted. Without a doubt. Do I even have to explain myself?

Who is one band/artist you’ve never seen live but always wanted to?
Blink 182 and a Day to Remember are on my bucket list. They’re bands I’ve listened to for years now and never get tired of.

What are your top 5 favourite bands?
Mcfly
A day to remember
You me at six
Mayday parade
Sum 41
30 Seconds to Mars

How many music related videos/DVDs do you own?
Of my own, I have 3. 2 of them are Mcfly (I’ll stop mentioning them eventually, I promise) and 1 is blink. My mum is cooler than me, she has Amy Winehouse, Take That and Don Henley.

How many concerts/shows have you been to, total?
Too many to count, seriously. My first concert was when I was about 5. I saw S Club 7!

Who have you seen the most live?
Don’t judge me too hard, okay? My dad is a massive fan of the Proclaimers, and so I've seen them 14 times and met them twice... I know I know that’s shameful but truth be told they’re actually better live than on a CD, although it got painful after the first 5 concerts.
I've also seen you me at six 5 times and Mcfly 4 times.

What is your favourite movie soundtrack?
Any and all Disney movies. Honestly, you name it, I have it.

What was your last musical “phase” before you wisened up?
I don’t think I’ve wisened up just yet, my music taste seems to be all over the place at the moment! But I have to say punk-pop/punk-rock bands took up a lot of my life once upon a time. I’d religiously buy Kerrang! Magazine every single week just for the posters, and my walls would be covered. The only poster in my room now, however, is a naked picture of Mcfly. Dammit! I mentioned them again!

What’s your “guilty pleasure” that you hate to admit to liking?

How long have you got? I love Metro Station, Akon, Olly Murs, Miley Cyrus, The Eagles, Michael Jackson, High School Musical, The Script, Asking Alexandria, BMTH, Of Mice & Men, Basshunter, Kylie Minogue, Example, Hans Zimmer, Breathe Carolina, Avril Lavigne, Boys Like Girls… the lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment